Post-Class Reflection- The first day


I still remember the first English class and I thought about trying to make a post-class reflection about it even though it has been a long time. It is still crystal clear in my mind. I was unsure about how our teacher would be like and I was also very worried that there were going to be more online classes to be attended from that day onwards. With heavy heart, I clicked the invited link for the meet and there I see our teacher sitting casually and chatting with my friends. I felt like he was a chatty person and was way more social than any of our teachers. He was trying to make us familiar to the class and he was asking for the introductions of each and every students according to our roll number.

After a while, we found out that he had tried to connect to our few students to maintain the routine of the class but unfortunately, he was not able to do so. Most of the students had their mobile switched off and he got Mission Shrestha, our fellow classmate to inform us about the English class. He told us that he would relay important messages via Google Classroom or Mission, who was going to be a sort of CR for our English classes. The teacher made us familiar with the course and provided us with individual and group tasks for the upcoming classes. It was presentations. There could be solo presenters or grouped presenters according to the topic allocated. And he said that these presenters would be grouped before the coming week. He made clear clarification about the weightage of the exams, presentations, class interactions and so on. He taught us about blogging and insisted us on writing blogs instead of writing journals for the tenure of second semester due to the Covid-19 and online system of education. There were some doubts about the presentatio n which he cleared before dismissing the class.

All in all, I have to say that the English class did turn out to be exactly opposite of what I had initially thought of. I was expecting loads of assignments and loads of unnecessary journal keeping and summary writing but our teacher was kind enough to bring out the best of us by giving us less homework and only focusing on important skills and it was kind of a very cool idea.

Comments