Post-Class Reflection- Aug 26

Aug-26

 Today, it was a bit different from other days as I was going to present the topic "Keeping Errors at Bay" with my colleague, Rajaram Karki. We were excited and enthusiastic and apart from all, I was a bit nervous too for it was going to be my first presentation in my whole life. I had prepared for it by jotting down few key points that I would focus during the presentation. The class started and there were three presentations in the line. Luckily, we had our presentation allocated at the final slot and we were able to be familiar with the tense environment.

We had our teacher evaluate our works. First came by the presentation about "Travel Report" and the thing I found interesting was the idea of Q and A session during the presentation. It really tested the attention of the students. I found the writing process and purpose of travel reports fairly familiar. I don't know how but it was somehow a derived portion of different report writing with the key purpose of travelling being involved. The following presentation was about the "Recommendation and Feasibility Report" and the way the presenters explained about the topic using the mathematical analysis like Feasibility Curve was marvelous. They explained all the major topics about the report writing and truth be told, I was envious of their speaking skills. After such a long presentation, we were made to play a random game by our teacher. He asked us to write any random things learnt from the two presentations so far in one of the site. As I was moved by the use of mathematics, I wrote down "Feasibility Curve" and after a short interval, our presentation started.

My friend, Rajaram Karki, stepped up first and presented half the topic using the Toulmin's Model. Our text was easy and somehow I also found it funny. The text was about how we can avoid silly mistakes and also dodge some stupid arguments in our real life. The remaining half was explained by me and I was glad to find that the teacher liked the presentation. Yeah, this was the day for me to actually speak up for my presentation and after it was over, I have to say it felt great! It was as if I had stepped up a huge boulder and expressed myself and I would like to thank our teacher for this invaluable opportunity.

Comments